So, you’re thinking about bartending for some extra cash?
We think it’s a great idea! Some of our staff have been behind the stick for over 30 years. Bartending is a popular profession that can lead to very good money, we know, we’ve been doing it! Annual earnings ranging from $50,000 to north of $100k annually. However, to achieve success in this field, you will need to have a good mix of skills and knowledge.
Continuous learning is the key to be successful in this field, that is if you want to make good money as a bartender in Miami or anywhere in the world:
Here are 6 tips to get you thinking
- Get experience. A lot of bartending positions require at least some experience working in a bar or restaurant. If you don’t have any, the best recommendation is to attend a state licensed bartending school, that has top notch instructors and allows free additional classes in case you feel like you need it. Be sure to take all the necessary classes and understand the entire curriculum before you begin working in a bar. If your bartending school offers additional courses and certifications to continue furthering your knowledge as you progress, that’s a big win! You want to keep your foot on the pedal when it comes to furthering your knowledge and building your bartender resume.
- Know the basics of mixology. In order to make good money as a bartender, you must know all of the brands, styles, flavors, methods of preparation, ingredients, tools and tricks of the trade. This will give you the skills and knowledge needed to be successful. But don’t stop there unless you want to limit your job opportunities. Like we said those are some basic ideas. Wait till you get into learning balancing, ratios, cocktail riffs and various building methods. Remember, what you put in is what you get out. JUST GO ALL OUT AND MAKE $$$$. Bartending in Miami you’ll make more than you think!
- Be able to mix drinks quickly and accurately. This is arguably one of the many important skills you need to learn as a bartender. A good bartender will be able to mix drinks instantly and with precision. This will make your customers happy and give you the advantage of being able to move on to other tasks while they enjoy their drinks in your bar. Our bartender schools in Miami, Fl uses actual stress tests during the course in the form of high-volume bartending speed drills. This is a sure way to break you right in and get comfortable behind the bar.
- Have a strong customer service skillset regardless of where you work. Understanding proper service is key to even getting your foot in the door. Not learning the steps correctly won’t get you past the interview at certain establishments.
- Be social, leave the introvert in the car and make a good impression. If you are a good person, the people that hire you will find that out. As far as the actual job goes, there is a lot of responsibility on your shoulders.
- Never stop learning, we mean it, like every business there is evolution, in the bar business as well. To become a rockstar behind the bar continue learning new bartending concepts, ideas and methods. Whether you adopt them or not you’ll continue to grow with the sector.
This is all for now, hope you enjoyed our quick tips. Make sure to keep an eye out for more news and articles.
Miami’s Bartending School / Institute
Bartenders Schools, bartending classes near me, bartending courses near me, become a bartender, bartender school near me